The site was formerly part of Chalk Pit Field in East Cheam Manor Estate in c.1750. Quarry Park was laid out as a public park after the death in 1932 of Mrs Seears of Quarry Rise, but is probably little changed from the time of the Seears’ ownership. The 1st edition OS Map of 1867 shows the quarry but no house or gardens to the north bordering Love Lane.